Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day!



Wow. What a tremendous amount of emotion fills my heart today. This is the first year that I can officially announce that I am a mother. God has blessed me with the gift of motherhood. I am a proud mommy of an adorable (nearly) 7 month old baby girl. I truly feel more blessed than ever before.

We had a busy Mother's Day...daddy had to work, but Annie and I managed to stay busy. With a wonderful morning at church, followed by Mandy and I making dinner for Mom, Dad and both Grandma's. After dinner...Annie and I went up to visit Brian's family, and to see our buddy, Wyatt. Annie always enjoys seeing other little ones! This time next year, there's no telling how many new little people there will be!




My prayer today is for God to give me every skill & talent and the wisdom that I might need to be the best mother I can to Annie, and hopefully others some day. I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman for her, (& other children) because that is what I feel God has put me on this earth to be. I pray that my children would be proud to call me their mother...that they might see the Lord through my words and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment