Monday, May 3, 2010

Macey Olivia Dunkin

I know, I know. It's been nearly 5 whole months since my last post. What the heck? Well, life has been a little busy. Busy in a good way, most definitely.


Meet Macey. Macey Olivia Dunkin joined our family on April 1st at 10:41 p.m. Despite being 3 weeks early, she weighed in at a healthy, heavier than Annie at full term, 7lbs, 7oz, and was 19.5 inches in length. What a surprise she was to us on that very day. Having only been insured for about 15 hours when we went to the hospital, we thought there was no way we were going to have a baby that day. It was just too close for the odds.

Brian got his job back with Marion County at the beginning of February. Since then, he has absolutely been a changed man. More happy than ever before. Due to the change in jobs, we were without insurance for the month of March. Macey's due date wasn't expected until mid-late April, so when things started "happening" on the 1st, we thanked our good Lord for getting us to that date of coverage! He knew all along when she would join our family, we are just so thankful it was after insurance kicked in.

Macey is a month old already, and life in the Dunkin household is finally beginning to feel "normal." If there is such a thing. Brian feels a bit out-numbered with us girls running the show, but he is one proud dada of all his girls.

Annie is adjusting very well to a new baby in the house. She just needs to learn how to give baby some space. Her oodles and kisses on her sister are really too cute for words, I'm just praying this love for her grows and grows, and never turns into a jealousy thing. So far so good.




As for me, I'm doing well. Tired, which is expected, but good. I was able to get a whole 2 months off with this pregnancy, so I won't be going back to work until the 1st of June. I can't believe that it's already May, but my time at home has been so wonderful. Macey is such an easy baby and I'm loving every second of it. It feels good to be a family of 4!



Stay tuned for more posts....I will make every effort to post things more often. Goodness knows, I've got enough pictures to show off!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute. Thanks for the post and update. God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete